Tuesday, February 19, 2008

what a day!!

today was a bit crazy! if there were some way that i could just write about each situation, they do deserve their own story.


i am trying to think of how to even share how much has gone on today, but i don't think i can. it started with me going to the airport to pick up a couple guys who are visiting for a few days. they both work with other organizations and want to partner with us here. in the middle of the tour i was trying to give them one of the nurses asked me to come help start an IV. we have two little girls - one 4 years old and one who is 11 who both have typhoid. 103-4 fever anyone??


walking out from that to continue my tour there was an extremely malnourished baby. it has been a while since i have seen a little one this small. after lunch we had twins brought in whose mother died that morning after giving birth to them at home over an hour away from here. the afternoon brought a woman with an extremely swollen arm who i had asked to come yesterday when i saw her out walking, she may have elephantitis, not sure, but took some pictures and i will send it on to others who know more than i do.

the afternoon continued with a couple of my sewing ladies returning their projects. they really are doing such good jobs.

while i was trying to talk with our dentist and the guy who is visiting we had a mother carried to the birthing center on a bed who is having seizures and is only about 7 months pregnant.

i went through the birthing center after dinner to check on everything and the woman having seizures had another one. after we got her medicine i figured the nurses were a bit busy so i stitched up the guy who had been waiting for a while with a huge laceration on his head. he had been it by a rock.

then i boiled some water and cleaned isaiah's bottles. those are his little feet. he is 4 pounds now!!

i am very glad every day isn't like today!! and i am extremely grateful to whoever left some great chamomile tea here.

5 comments:

ecasimir said...

WOW!!! You sound busy busy, but I am sure you did a great job at each of the tasks presented to you. Miss ya girl!

kmc70e said...

Hi Melissa,

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog as often as possible and I miss you a lot. I am praying for you.

amy said...

Wow. I wish I could help alleviate some of your tasks (not that I would have a clue...), but I could at least make your chamomile tea for you. :) Miss you terribly.

Christina said...

Wow! You sound SO SO SO much more busier than I am!!!!!!! I love you!

Becky said...

wow! that sounds incredibly stressful, yet I have no doubts you handled it with grace and love! praying for you!