Wednesday, January 23, 2008

little isaiah. . .

meet little isaiah.he was born sunday night at 1:30 am.
his mom came and was extremely sick. so he came early, too early.



monday morning we sent him and his mother to the local hospital hoping they would be able to have more advanced care there. unfortunately, when they arrived at the hospital, there was no oxygen and the incubator wasn't working. so he came back here and his mom stayed at the hospital. he is doing great. he is off oxygen, is tolerating feedings in his NG tube. we heard yesterday that his mother died. i am not sure what disease process she had, but she had 6 children already, so if this little guy lives, his life will be pretty difficult in an already difficult country.


2 comments:

Becky said...

wow. little isaiah is beautiful...bring him here to me. I'll take good care of him! will he and his siblings go to an orphanage, or is dad around?

ecasimir said...

AWW. He is precious! I miss you so much. I wish I could be there with you now. Give Steven a big hug and kiss for me. It is about 65 days until I can come again!!! Yes... countdown is on! Talk to you later girl