Monday, January 28, 2008

perspective. . .

this morning heather owen and i went to the local hospital to get one of the orphans who had been there for 8 days with malaria and typhoid. he is going to stay here and we will continue to treat him for typhoid. on the way to the hospital the sun was warm and shining, but while we were inside all the sudden there was the loud sound of rain against the roof.

after we were all loaded up in the truck and heading back to st. louis du nord the road had completely changed because of the rain. there was mud everywhere. there were children who had just gotten out from school trying to manage to walk carefully and not fall in the mud and also not get too dirty. one little boy who looked about 6-7 years old picked up his little friend who was a couple years younger and carried her along the worst part of the road. it was such a representation to me of what we are supposed to be for each other, willing to carry each other through the rough times and allow others to carry us when we are weak.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen!

Love and Prayers from Bonnie

Becky said...

wow. that's awesome! truly is a beautiful perspective. praying for you, and I'm already ready for you to get back! perhaps a little jose peppers is in store for your arrival...(in 3 months!! too long!)

Unknown said...

Thank you for going with me today! First day of a surgery team and you are so willing to drop what you're doing and help me. I am continually amazed at your grace and love. What if I said I want to be like you when I grow up? Is that ok if I'm older than YOU!! love you precious girl!
Heather