Saturday, October 25, 2008

team awesome!

this morning around 4:30, the rest of "team awesome" left. (yes, that is what my friends who were here from kansas city decided to call themselves.)  it was such a great time to have friends from church and work here over the last two weeks.  thanks for coming guys!  you brought so many smiles and laughs.  

the meshing of my two worlds was a bit crazy.  really though, that is what i want to do, bring two completely different realities together.  bringing the positives of both cultures and places to the other.  i want people to see and know what life is like for those who live here in haiti, how they can do so little and make a huge difference.  in contrast i think haiti also shows beauty and peace that comes along with simplicity and i know so many people come here and leave having been blessed and learned lessons far beyond what they imagined.

1 comment:

lindsay nation said...

Hey Melissa, how have you been? I don't have your email, so this is the only way I know of getting in contact with you, but I saw Ben on the website and was just wondering how he's doing. I'm assuming he had another surgery, how did it go? Please love on that sweet boy extra for me! You can email me at lindsay_nation1@eku.edu. I hope everything's going well and I'm praying for you all!