Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Warm Sunshine. . .




This morning I was awoken to the sounds of my little niece saying hello. Of course at seven thirty in the morning I wasn't completely sure that she was as cute as she usually is to me. My sister her wonderful mother was completely awake, alert and ready to face the day, make breakfast, get packed to go home, all those things, and really what I wanted was to get some coffee!! My mother joined the group sitting around the couch where I had been sleeping and started ready Calianna her "Foot Book." That was of course great also first thing in the morning, hearing her voice reading small foot, big foot, left foot, right foot. . . then my mother thought it was funny to say that I must have read that book wrong as a child and gotten confused with my right and left foot. True, I have a hard time remembering my left from my right, what a great reminder being barely awake. Of course a little coffee in me (although they drink half and half here in good ole' Bethel) and sitting on the front porch surrounded by flowers such as these helped waken me from my stupor and enjoy a warm morning in the sunshine.


1 comment:

amy said...

Yay! Blog post number one. :) And it's even about coffee. Ahh.

I miss you already ...