Sunday, September 9, 2007


Yeah! I am here in Haiti. I made it yesterday afternoon after I truly had one of the best trips from home to here that I have had in years. Thanks for your prayers. It only took me five hours to get from Kansas to Miami. I don't know how long it has been that I haven't had delayed flights, missing luggage or spent the night sleeping in a cold airport, so to say the least, I was very excited to be in my hotel room by nine thirty that night!
The above picture is of course of miss Angela. (For those who don't know, she is the little one who came to the mission in Feb. after she had been bitten by a rat on her face, her mother has died from AIDS and her father can't take care of her.) I was trying to figure out how old she is now and I am thinking around nine months. At times she is very responsive and then at others she still has times where she is seizing. I was thinking that she was possibly doing better, but today while I was holding her, she tensed up and closed her eyes and one of her arms gets all straight. I don't really know exactly what kind of seizures these are? Then she opens her eyes again and looks only one way and then gains back control of her eyes. It is kinda scary! I would greatly appreciate prayers for her!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Melissa...great to know that you have had a smooth trip and are safe in your home-away-from-home!!
Give all the nurses hugs from mama melissa!!

amy said...

I MISS you. This whole you-being-gone-for-a-whole-month business is not fair. :)

Glad all is well and VERY glad your trip was uneventful. Hallelujah!

Avey said...

Oh Melissa, I am SO excited that you've started a blog! I am so thankful that you've keep me in touch all of these years. I love reading about experiences and the people you help. Keep the posting coming!!!

Kat said...

Melissa, Great to hear you are in Haiti again and I love reading your blog!!! Wish I were there now, but I hope to see you when we arrive on October 6. Blessings as you serve in St. Louis du Nord! Kathie